

The last time I remember having this much snow was in 1996. I was a senior in highscool and pregnant with my first born, Ethan. The icicle storm caused mass power outages in King County. I remember living with my mom in our small apartment and going to bed in a snow suit. Our Korean neighbors next door were hospitalized after attempting to barbeque inside their unit. Greg was busy with his first year at U.W. while I did my best to manage a tumultuous home life. That was a strange winter...I can't help but think back at all the lessons God was trying to teach me during that time.
Here we are almost 12 years later and I can't help but marvel at the abundance of His grace in my life. I had no way of forseeing what the Lord had in store for me. The journey hasn't been always easy but I'm grateful for every bump on the road. It's those bumps that cause us to set our sights on the things that are important. This is what Greg and I reminisced about last night when we went out on a winter walk...and snowball fight...at midnight!
1 comment:
Hooray for snow at Christmas! And for the many lessons God teaches us in his great mercy! Fun Christmas light pictures, Clarisse!
Post a Comment